Thursday, December 19, 2013

Letter to the judges


Dear Judges,

         Hello, my name is Harley Parker. First, I would like to say thank you for your time today to come judge my project. For my project, I have done volunteer work at the Veteran Affairs Ambulatory Care Center for a total of 35 hours. I recorded my experience in a journal. Then I put together a video presentation containing photos, documents, and mementos of my time volunteering. I also did research on careers in a hospital.

            I chose this product and research topic for several reasons. The main reason I chose this product and topic is because this is what I want to do for a career. I would love to work in a hospital. This project will hopefully help me narrow my field down and guide my career choice. Also, this project is a mini- test run for my career choice. It is better to decide that a specific career is not right for you in high school than in medical school. I also chose this product because I believe in serving those who served the nation. My father is in the National Guard so service means a lot to me. This project is my way of giving back to those who have given so much already to protect our country.

         I have learned a lot from this project. I have learned that to get to my ideal career I have a lot of challenges and struggles to get through. There is also a ton of schooling and training. But the most important thing I learned is that good things come to those who wait.

        Thank you once again for judging my presentation.

Harley Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment